*SPECIAL NOTICE REGARDING PUBLIC PARTICIPATION DUE TO COVID-19*
Given the current Shelter-in-Place Order covering the State of California and the Social Distance Guidelines issued by Federal, State, and Local Authorities, the NKGSA is implementing the following changes to participate in and provide public comment for all NKGSA Advisory Committee meetings until notified otherwise. There will not be a physical location available for the public to participate in the meeting.
The meeting will be webcast and accessed at: https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/293344445
You can also dial in using your phone.
- United States: +1 (646) 749-3122
Access Code: 293-344-445
- Members of the public are encouraged to submit written comments via email at email@example.com up to one (1) hour before the meeting. You will need to provide: Meeting date, agenda item number, name, email and comment (please limit to 300 words or 3 minutes). Please include: PUBLIC COMMENT in the subject for the email.
- Your item will be read onto the record during the public comment portion when the item is heard. Any portion of your comment extending past three (3) minutes may not be read aloud due to time restrictions but will be made part of the record of proceedings.
- Please be aware that any public comments received that do not specify a particular agenda item will be read aloud during the general public comment portion of the agenda.
- If a written comment is received after 12:30 p.m. on the day of the meeting, efforts will be made to read the comment into the record. However, staff cannot guarantee that written comments received after 12:30 p.m. will be read. All written comments that are not read into the record will be made part of the record of proceedings, provided that such comments are received prior to the end of the NKGSA Advisory Committee meeting.
- If you wish to speak to the Advisory Committee on the item by telephone, you must contact the NKGSA Executive Officer at (559) 233-7161 x. 7109 no later than 12:30 p.m. on the day of the meeting.
- You will be asked to provide a phone number to call you during the meeting. You will also be asked for your name so that you can be called when it is your turn to speak.
- You will be called during the comment section for the agenda item on which you will speak.
- You may be put on hold until your name is called by the Executive Officer.
- Your comment period will be limited to three (3) minutes.
Noticed Public Hearings
- For noticed public hearings, all public comments must be received by the close of the public hearing period. All written comments received by the close of the public hearing period will be read aloud by a staff member during the applicable agenda item, provided that such comments may be read within three (3) minutes allotted to each speaker. Any portion of your comment extending past three (3) minutes may not be read aloud due to time restrictions but will be included in the record of proceedings.
- If a comment on a public hearing item is received after the close of the public hearing, such comment will be treated like a general public comment and made part of the record of proceedings, provided that such comment is received prior to the end of the meeting.